Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Brisk Air and Dead Leaves

Braedon and I enjoyed some time outside this morning. As soon as we walked out the door I thanked God for the change of the seasons. The brisk air and dead leaves means that it is most definitely Fall. I am usually an extremist so I am surprised that neither Winter nor Summer are my favorite seasons. Instead, I prefer Spring but Fall comes in a very close second. Yet as much as I was enjoying the cooler air and other changes the new season brings, I was a little saddened by the fact that soon the plant life would die. God quickly snatched that sadness away by showing me that the seasons changing is an example of my creator showing me how new life will come from death and start all over next year. This is so parallel to how He tells me everyday is a new day and to die to myself and have new life in Christ Jesus. Life from death...God is AMAZING!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I love the label you have used for this post "Inside Tina's Mind." But more than that, I love your insight on the death of leaves being like our daily dying and being reborn. Great analogy!