Friday, November 13, 2009

DNOW 2009

Our church does something called Disciple NOW weekend, abbreviated as DNOW. They are always in need of host homes and asking for people to consider opening up their home to a group of teenagers for the weekend. We had considered it a couple of years ago but were unable to. Last year I had just given birth to Kaley so I am pretty sure we didn't even consider it. This year we were excited to clean out the basement and make way for a group to stay in our home. At first, my attitude was quite simply that we are just filling a need. But, as the weekend grew closer I realized that my heart was bent toward the teenagers who God was going to place in our home for the weekend. I really began to care about their relationship with God even before I met them. God really gave me a heart to show them His love for the weekend. I have no doubt that they left here feeling loved, had a fun and spirit filled weekend, and grew in their relationship with Christ. God is so good and faithful to equip us in whatever area we are serving. Thank you God for giving me a heart for those girls who I will always remember!
In preparation for the weekend, we made a banner to cover up our storage in our basement. This picture is after we had tidy'd it up and I wanted something to cover up the stuff.

This is what we used to cover up the stuff. You can't read it very well but it says "Crazy Love" "DNOW 2009" and had the theme verse 1 John 4:9-11 written on sparkly red wrapping paper.

This is what it looked like with the stuff covered up.
We also blew up 60 balloons right before the group arrived. I didn't even have a chance to take a picture with the balloons but the girls really liked all of the decorations and I think it made them feel very welcome.

No comments: