Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Book Club-2

Our book club is still going strong. We finished "For Women (and Men) Only" a while ago and just finished "The Five Love Languages" today. I thank God so much that He has compelled us to be proactive in our marriage instead of waiting for crisis to strike. For us, the book club is part of being intentional with our time and fighting for our marriage in a society where the divorce rate is 50% or more. It doesn't have to be a book club but I believe it would benefit all couples to have their "thing" they do to study each other and grow together. We want to be the best we can be for God and He has called us to glorify Him with our marriage and disciple our children. Therefore, we decided to alternate the books we read between marriage books and parenting books. Since we have finished two marriage books so far the next book will be a parenting book. Though I really want George Barna's "Revolutionary Parenting" to be very soon on our list, I will probably suggest that we start with a couple of books we already own but have not read. I know that one of them is "Raising Effective Children In A Defective World" or a John Rosemond book we have that I can't think of the name of. We'll see what my wonderful husband suggests...

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I am so glad you two are still doing your book club!! We have tried that on and off but have not been very consistent with it.