Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Lamb Dinner




Andrew cooked me a fabulous lamb dinner for Mother's Day complete with sparkling white grape juice so as not to tempt me with alcohol. I could not have planned for our dinner to be more special. I was kind of wondering how it was going to work out with the kids but they just added preciousness to the experience. Braedon started asking for, collecting, and chewing on our lamb chop bones. All the while, Kaley is on the floor delightfully screaming and rolling around. It was so cool that it was Mother's Day and our kids were being kids but at the same time we were totally enjoying our nice romantic dinner right alongside them. Andrew actually made the comment that "Now, all we need is a candle in the middle of the table", because the whole experience was sort of quasi-romantic and perfect at the same time. This is what it is all about! I deeply appreciate everything my honey did for me for Mother's Day but in my heart of hearts just seeing the smiling faces of my children is enough for me any day.

1 comment:

Ken said...

How can we get Andrew to come over and cook us a meal like that? I'm glad you had a very special Mothers Day with the family.