Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Super Simple Carrot & Raisin Salad

I love me some carrot and raisin salad. I have made several different recipes with the best tasting being a recipe from Food Network that contained drained yogurt, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, lemon zest, carrots, and raisins (maybe a few other things...I am going off memory). But really, who has time for all of that? I also love the carrot and raisin salad from Chic-Fil-A but I don't get out much these days. So, I am happy that I discovered something new the other day. We have been eating plain vanilla yogurt with raisins for a snack for a while...nothing new. We had some carrots grated for a greens salad...nothing new. As I reached into the fridge for the yogurt I saw the grated carrots sitting right next to it. Lightbulb...and here we have super simple carrot and raisin salad. Just mix yogurt (not drained, straight from the tub), grated carrots, and raisins. It tastes great, is fresh, and doesn't get much easier than that.

No comments: