Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5th Anticipation

Today is the day that we get to meet our precious third baby, Garrett. He will be born 6 weeks early with a neonatal team standing by to immediately assess him upon delivery. Writing this less than 24 hours beforehand, I am mostly just excited for Garrett's arrival but I can also feel myself a little more anxious again. I find myself becoming a bit more emotional too. Hmmm, I wonder why.
So, I can't eat anything after midnight and surgery is at noon. That means I will likely be spending most of my morning trying to keep my pregnant mind off of food! :-)
This might sound kind of strange but I am trying to come up with a plan for my mind during the surgery. I want so much to be focused entirely on God during that time. I also know that if I am not intentional about controlling what my mind focuses on then I will likely start to dwell on less than desirable thoughts. This "plan" that I am developing for my mind includes a prayer list, song list, and scripture but if it gets too difficult to focus on all of that then hopefully my mind will just default to Jeremy Camp's "There Will Be A Day." Love that song!
Anyway, Baby Garrett will be here soon and I can't wait to update you on his arrival.
Thank you so much for your prayerful support!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We'll be thinking about you all today!! I can't wait to meet baby Garrett the next time we're in down in Georgia and can get all the kids together!

Much love from you cousins in Maine,
Melissa, Andy and Anna

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about the baby, but I guess you're too busy to blog right now!
Trudy McCleskey