Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun Facts

*Time in the hospital: At noon tomorrow, which is the scheduled time of my c-section, I will have been in the hospital for approximately 30 days and 15 hours.
*Number of different IV sites: 7 actual sites plus one extra stick because they couldn't get one in a certain location.
*Number of shots: 9, seven total tirbutaline shots (2 the first night I arrived, 3 two nights ago, and 2 last night) and two steroid shots to help Garrett's lung development when I first arrived.
*Number of wheelchair rides: approximately 27, about 25 with the kids in my lap and hubby pushing, one without the kids with hubby pushing to tour the NICU, one without the kids with hubby pushing just spending some alone time.
*Number of blood draws: approximately 9
*Number of different day nurses that I have received care from: 9 of which 6 of them I have had more than once and 3 are from the labor and delivery side but were filling a gap so I only met them once.
*Number of different night nurses that I have received care from: 8 of which 7 of them I have had more than once and 1 was from L&D so I only met her once.
*Number of techs I have received care from: 3
*Number of visitors I have received: somewhere around 25
*Number of times Andrew and I have been alone in the past 30 days: 2, maybe 3 depending on how this afternoon works out
Wisdom and advice to share from all of this:
Don't let them draw blood or put an IV in the back of your hand unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
Keep your focus on God and make the most of every situation...it is part of life!
Pray and focus on being a blessing to others who are enduring more difficult circumstances.

No comments: