Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Celebrating Marriage 4/24/2010

Saturday was our sixth anniversary and I can't believe it has been six years already. I truly have to say that this has been the most wonderful time of my life. Andrew loves me well and I appreciate him so much. Praise God for blessing me with such a wonderful husband! This was the neatest anniversary celebration we have had so far, I think! We have been wanting to do a bible study together...sort of like the kind that you would do in a small group but we would be our own little small group. So, we started off our date by going to Lifeway and picking out a study to do together. We had no topic in mind so we just started browsing. Soon, we decided to do a study on the minor prophits since Andrew is reading a book called "The Footsteps of the Messiah" and I thought they might compliment each other well. Also, I don't believe I have ever done a small group bible study in the old testament. So, we are looking forward to starting that soon. The rest of our date satisfied both of our desires. Andrew has a thing for 3D movies and I have a thing for dinner and talking. So, we saw Alice In Wonderland in 3D and then went to dinner at The Olive Garden. Andrew recently ran acrossed marriedlifeonline.com and The Great Date Experiment. After looking at it we decided that this was a perfect time to try out one of their "dates." It was so neat to just constantly have something to think and talk about to stay focused on each other. We had to wait for 30 minutes on a table. So, we pulled out the "date" and started talking about some of the questions and the time spent waiting was intentional...voila! I wanted so much to truly celebrate this precious gift of marriage that God has blessed us with. And, we did! It was a wonderful day. Thank you to my dear, sweet husband...the love of my life and the man of my dreams!

2 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I think I saw a link to The Great Date site, but I haven't really checked it out. I'm glad you and Andrew had such a great anniversary celebration! :)

Faith Girl said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!