Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weekly Check -Up

This was my last week of working outside the home so Tuesday was my official last day. Wow, I can't believe it. Additionally, Tuesday was the kids' last day at daycare. So, Braedon's class made him a sign...so sweet. I almost cried when I read it. As exciting as it is that I am going to be home with them full-time, transition is just always a little sad all around.


We have gotten in a bit of snuggle time and bible reading time. I also love this butterfly/flower file folder game I saw at Along The Way and had to try it out. Braedon had fun helping me put it together and playing with it.

I still need to implement the calendar time activities I talked about in the week in advance post for this week. I have made a little bit of progress. I finally got a color toner cartridge for our printer and downloaded the files. Now, I just have to print and laminate them. Getting out to do the laminating will be the tricky part since I am not getting out much these days.

We didn't start a new bible verse, we just stayed with the letter "A"...Psalm 17:8a, which says, "keep me as the apple of your eye." We reviewed it once or twice this week and Braedon can recite it to me on command. It is the neatest thing ever...he actually knows it just by going over it a couple of times.

Andrew and I talked about implementing family prayer time but are still deciding on what time of the day it makes most sense for us. We believe so much in the power of prayer and have plenty of personal prayer time. We also pray at dinner and with the kids before bed. But, we still feel like it is important to have a devoted family time of prayer. So, we are making it a priority.

No comments: