Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Picture Day
















Every now and then there comes an occasion to need a current family picture. Since our budget doesn't allow for us to get professional photographs more than once a year we have plenty of opportunities to photograph ourselves. My husband, being the good sport he is, will help me pick out outfits, help me figure out what the background should be, and setup the camera on the tripod and set the timer. Our camera will take two photos at each reset of the timer so at least we get two shots in one. However, that clearly is not enough with two small ones in the picture. The kiddos were cranky because I can never time an event such as this quite right. We stopped the photo shoot and I figured I had one good enough to use. I had hoped that they would turn out better but such is life as it is right now. My children are small and uncooperative at times but I wouldn’t trade where I am at right now for anything, even if it means family photos leave a little to be desired. Did I mention that I have the best husband in the world? I honestly can't believe he even goes along with this whole family picture thing but I sure do appreciate the fact that he does.
Oh, and what is the occassion that I need a current family photo for? I am taking the second photo listed to my first Next Generation Women's Mentoring meeting to share with my group.

No comments: