Sunday, August 16, 2009

Next Generation Women's Mentoring

I am embarking on a new adventure beginning in a week and a half. It is called "Next Generation Women's Mentoring" where I will be under the mentor-ship of a woman who is a little further along in life and has an established, mature relationship with Christ. This ministry was put into place at my church in order to fulfill Titus 2:3-5, which says:

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

I can't even put into words how excited I am about this. Since I was pregnant with Braedon, it has been my prayer that God will continue to teach me how build a Christ-centered home, glorify Him with my marriage, and point my children to Him. God has been faithful time and time again in providing people and resources for me to glean wisdom from. Now, thank you again, God for this wonderful opportunity to have a structured mentor relationship and the chance to grow some more in this area. The mentoring program will last for ten months and we will read a book a month and have memory verses. We will meet as a group (there are 5 mentorees in my group) once a month and will have at least one weekend retreat. Did I mention how excited I was about this? I am soo super excited. The other thing that I love about it is that it is pretty structured and the church is taking it very seriously. I have to sign a covenant stating that I will complete my reading and assignments and that I will be on time for events. My husband has to sign a statement of support saying that he understands that this will take away time from our family and that he will support me in this allowing me the time commitment. I just think it is so awesome that this is being taken so seriously because learning the Word of God, loving my husband, and loving my children are the top three priorities that God has called me to. Praise Him that He not only called me to this but he is also equipping me with the knowledge I need to fulfill the calling!

No comments: