Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hebrews 4:13

I think that I might have somewhat of a groove for my accountability bible study with my friend Michelle. At first I would pretty much wait until the end of the week, hurry to memorize it, and try to come up with some thoughts so that I could blog about it. However, now I am meditating on it and memorizing it bit by bit and day by day throughout the week. This has proven to be much more fruitful.

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."


This verse really sums itself up but sometimes I read scriptures like these and think it is so important yet shouldn't really be all that hard to understand. However, lots of times God's word is difficult for me to understand and apply. Although I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that God is omniscient, I believe it completely. There are lots of things about God that I can not wrap my mind completely around and I praise Him for that because I don't really want a God that can be completely understood by my human, feeble mind. In being omniscient, God is all knowing and all seeing. He not only sees my actions but also the thoughts and motivations behind them too. He sees and knows all, discerning my heart attitude. The idea that God already knows everything is understandable but the verse goes onto say that everything will be uncovered and laid bare... This made me think about how sometimes I try to cover up my actions with reason. I think that I can be the judge of how I should or should not act, depending on the circumstances. Yet, part of being humble before God is realizing that I don't have the right to make that kind of judgement. I am called to be obedient and glorify God with my actions, despite my circumstances. When I stand before the Lord and give account, He is going to hold one person responsible for my actions...ME. Dear God, please take from me the desire to serve myself first and fill me with the desire to serve You first, being your good and faithful servant.

No comments: