Sunday, July 18, 2010

Butterfly

This is the most beautiful butterfly that I have ever seen. Andrew surprised me early Saturday morning with a visit from the kids. After breakfast, we went for a wheelchair ride. On the way back to the room we took a little detour where you could walk outside on the sidewalk by some flowers and bushes. We saw this amazing butterfly flying around. I felt so blessed as if God had put it there just for us to enjoy! I told Braedon this was such a blessing because we don't see butterflies that big before. Truth is I have never seen one that big. It was two to three times bigger than butterflies I am used to seeing. I wish soooo bad that I would have had my real camera. I had my phone so I got some pictures but they completely don't do it justice since they are cell phone camera pictures. (hint: click on the middle picture to enlarge it if you can't see the butterfly). I was trying to get a picture with all of the surroundings to show how big it was. It landed for a long time just like it was posing for pictures. It was so neat!


3 comments:

Victoria said...

I love butterflies! When you get well and after Garrett is here and older you need to take the kids to Callaway Gardens to their butterfly center.

Faith Girl said...

Very pretty! I think the butterfly was a tiger swallowtail! Its interesting it was so big, though.

Faith Girl said...

Very pretty! I think the butterfly was a tiger swallowtail! Its interesting it was so big, though.