Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Skyline Chili

If you are from the South you may never have heard of it before...it's a mid-west thing. The way I like my skyline chili is a bed of spaghetti noodles topped with skyline chili then topped with lots and lots of shredded cheddar cheese. Of course, we can't forget the oyster crackers on the side. In the restaurant, this is called a 3-way. There are not any Skyline Chili restaurants in the South but they sell it in a can. So, you can just boil some spaghetti, heat up the sauce, get out the cheese and crackers, and voila! Andrew tells me a few days ago that he has a surprise dinner for me and it is one of my favorites. I don't like to spoil surprises so I intentionally try not to think about what it is. In the back of my mind though I am thinking how in the world is he going to prepare a seafood meal for me and bring it to the hospital (seafood is my absolute favorite). I know he doesn't have time for that. I was pleasantly surprised when he showed up with my second favorite (and much, much easier) meal of Skyline Chili. It was so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks, Honey!

No comments: