Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Husband, My Gift From God

God never fails to amaze me at the strength that He gives my wonderful husband to step in and take over things when he needs to. The first very significant life event was the c-section birth of our first child. Obviously, Andrew was a brand new dad and I was pretty much out of commission while recovering from major surgery. Andrew stepped up like he was an old pro. I can't even remember how long it was before I even changed a diaper, not to mention the many other things that went along with that. Now, since being in the hospital on bed rest with our third child, Andrew is having to take care of the home front with both little ones. Thanks to God that we are not alone during this time. We have an AMAZING support group that has helped with childcare, meals, yard work, and housework. I could not be more grateful for the stress relief it has been on my husband and therefore our whole family. It is still a stressful time though even when most of the tangible things are taken care of but Andrew has yet to complain. He tells me not to worry and just relax and get my rest. He makes sure that the kids come to the hospital to see me at least once a day, sometimes twice on the weekends. We eat dinner together at the hospital, which means he is transporting food and then heating it up and fixing plates at dinner time. I am sure it would be much easier to stay home. I know how difficult it is to get the kids up and ready for church, back home, lunch, nap when both of us are home. Andrew has done it by himself for the past three weeks. Again, I am sure it would be much easier to stay home. What a gift of a husband who cares more about worshipping God and family togetherness than his own ease and comfort. Honey, you are the love of my life and the man of my dreams. Thank you for all you have stepped up to do. For the gift of you...I thank God!

No comments: