Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Daddy and Modesty

The other day we were outside in the backyard. It was hot and Kaley was wearing a tank top. It was a little big but it is one of the only casual, play-time summer shirts she has. I noticed that the arms kept falling down and showing her chest but I didn't think much of it. Then, Andrew asked me if I could think of anything to use to hold the back of the straps together to keep them from falling down. Without realizing the issue (and without rushing inside to fix it), I just said "I'm sure I have a barette that would work." A few minutes later, Kaley needed her diaper changed so Daddy disappeared inside with her. When they returned Kaley had a twist tie holding the back of her tank top straps together. Then, it hit me. It doesn't matter to Andrew that she is only one and that we are alone in the backyard. She is his little girl and he wants her clothes to cover her. I am so thankful that I have a husband and Kaley has a father who will fight to preserve her purity through modesty, even at 18 months old.

No comments: