Monday, May 3, 2010

The Week In Advance

We have a few appointments this week so at times it will be busy. But, we don't have a whole lot going on...thankfully! I am going to try to take advantage of more snuggle and reading time with the kids since I really shouldn't be on my feet too much.

The newest thing we are implementing this week is a bible study for Andrew and me. We really wanted to do a bible study together and chose a study on the minor prophets. I am super-excited about this intentional time that my husband and I will spend studying the Word together.

In thinking more about the family prayer time, we realized that a list to pray from would be helpful. So, we will start to compile a daily list to bring when we gather for family prayer time. I think this will help us be more intentional and make the most of our family prayer time. I am such a list and schedule person...it is a sickness, I think. But, I operate so much better that way!

Some more ideas I have for our week are:

I saw a color matching game at Confessions of a Homeschooler that I didn't even have to think twice about. It is so cute and looks so fun. I am looking forward to the kids having fun with it this week.

Confessions of a Homeschooler also has a super-neat letter of the week curriculum. A little while ago, I played a capital/lower case letter matching game with Braedon and I realized that he is mixing up some of his lower cases, especially ds, bs, and ps. So, I thought I would go ahead and get started on some activities that would focus on those letters. I downloaded a few of the activities from Pre-K letter Dd focusing on dinosaurs. I am sure Braedon is going to love the new "games."

I got some beads and some pipe cleaners so Breadon can start stringing beads. I also got him a pair of 3+ scissors so he can start cutting.

Kaley is loving singing and dancing so we will be doing a bit of that. She likes being on my lap, I sing, and she does the hand motions or dances. She also loves running across the floor into my arms. Kaley will also be doing some of the shape sorter, nesting blocks, jack in the box, and whatever else is out and around.

No comments: