Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Healthy Meal Idea (Chicken w/Carrot & Lentil Mix)

Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist. What I deem as healthy for me and my family may vary from yours depending on your family's nutrition needs. Let me also add that these meals are healthy for the most part. However, they may still contain some ingredients that aren't necessarily that good for you.

Font size

Carrot & Lentil Mix with Grilled Chicken:

1. Cook carrot ribbons with olive oil, black pepper, salt, parsley, and a couple drops of maple syrup

2. Cook lentils per package instructions for ease. However, we soaked them overnight with:

Water (3 part water to 1 part lentils), liquid smoke, salt, montreal chicken seasoning, dried thyme, bay leaf (add any other herbs or sub if you prefer). Use the same liquid to cook the lentils (may need to add more water)

3. Seperately, mix diced tomato, minced onion, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar, salt, and pepper

4. Mix together and enjoy

5. Serve with grilled chicken seasoned to your taste. We seasoned it with salt, pepper, montreal chicken seasoning.

This is another recipe from my wonderful hubby (chef). Thanks, Honey! Sorry there are no measurements...please use your best judgement according to your own taste.

1 comment:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

There is one problem with your menu posts: they make me hungry! ;)