Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Healthy Meal Idea (Chicken Pita)

Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist. What I deem as healthy for me and my family may vary from yours depending on your family's nutrition needs. Let me also add that these meals are healthy for the most part. However, they may still contain some ingredients that aren't necessarily that good for you.
This is another awesome creation from my chef hubby. Thanks, Honey!
Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Chicken (we used leftover baked chicken)
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Seasoned Tomatoe slices
Guacamole (see below)
Carmelized Onions & Corn (see below)
Directions:
1. Lay Pita bread flat and cover with a bed of fresh spinach leaves
2. Add Chicken, Guacamole, and Carmelized Onion & Corn mixture, Seasoned Tomatoe slices
3. Fold and enjoy
Spin on Guacamole:
Avacado (chopped)
Cilantro (chopped) optional
Salt
Pepper
Carmelized Onions & Corn (see below, chopped fine)
Lemon Zest
Directions: Mix well
Carmelized Onions & Corn:
Red Onion
Corn
Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
Cumin optional
Lemon Juice
Directions: Saute Corn and Onions together to carmelize. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
All of these flavors mixed very well and tasted great. However, you can add, drop, or substitute many ingredients in a recipe like this. I hope you like this one or it inspires a different creation.

No comments: