Friday, May 21, 2010

(Un)Forgetful Friday (Newborn Braedon)

Having a newborn has been on my mind a lot lately, for obvious reasons. Since we know our next baby is a boy I have been remembering a lot about what Braedon was like as a newborn. One really precious memory I have of him was the first night in the hospital. He was screaming at about 2 or 3 a.m. The nurse came in to check on us because he kept crying and crying. We changed his diaper. He wasn't hungry. We swaddled him up. We tried to give him a pacifier. He just would not stop screaming. I would love to be able to say that my "motherly, nurturing instinct" kicked in at this point but it didn't. When the nurse came, in her calmness, she re-swaddled him and nestled him in bed beside of me. It was like a light switch. Braedon instantly became quite. The nurse said, "there, he just wanted some mama time." This is a moment that to this day brings tears to my eyes and one I am sure I will never forget!

No comments: